September #Writemotivation (and no, I'm not dead)

Well, it's been a long time. Hi everyone! Anyone still around here?

As you can see, I'm not dead. Just haven't been blogging lately. That's not to say I haven't been thinking about the blog. Every so often I come up with really good topics to write about (at least, they're really good in my mind), but I just haven't found a balance for writing.

Anyway, that's going to change at least a little bit this month. I'm participating in September's #Writemotivation. I've done it before, but I'm going to actually  meet my goals this time. Or, that's the goal. We'll see, I suppose. Haha.

Anyway, here are the goals:

Thumbnail by Hugh Lee 

  1. Write one blog post a week. Probably will be a #writemotivation check-in post.
  2. Edit two chapters in my WIP a week (on average). So, that's equal to at least eight chapters by the end of the month. Not a lot, but I've had wacky schedules lately, working overtime and a lot of other stuff this month (including a wedding) that will more than likely throw me off for a goal of more. 
  3. Comment on others' blogs at least three times a week. Not much, but I haven't been commenting AT ALL lately, and that's just sad.
  4. Finish editing my CP S.M. Robertson's manuscript. 
That's everything!

So for updates, I'm hoping to have #4 finished today. I have just more than 100 pages left, so that's totally doable. 

Also, if you guys can remember back that far (or look at the last blog post) I was supposed to finish my WIP by the end of March? Yeah, well that didn't happen. But I did make my next goal when I made it this summer. 

Hey, I had a lot going on. I know that's not much of an excuse, but it IS what I have. I moved again. This time back to Montana. I started a new job. I was dealing with a lot of stress about a horrible moving company and getting new things set up and unpacking and whatnot. And, I have to balance my free time with getting to see my boyfriend again. So, I've had a lot going on!

But, I'm still going to try to make my end of the year goal of being at the point of querying. It's getting more and more unlikely that I'll actually make that goal, especially since I'm planning on doing NaNoWriMo this year like normal. So, I guess we'll have to see how it goes? I'm still going to try my hardest for it. 

So tell me! How have your lives been, people who are still around? Also, drop a line if you're new! Tell me about yourself. 

As always, subscribe to replies and you'll be alerted when I reply to you. I love starting conversations, don't you?

Happy Friday, everyone!

Comments