WIP ... Wednesday?

I realize this isn't Wednesday. I overslept yesterday and I had cooking to do before I went to work and I know these are lame excuses and I'm sorry, okay?

Besides, this is the first time in MONTHS I've had anything to report on my project. That HAS to count for something, right? (Please?)

Anyway, I know I haven't been writing. Sometimes, you just have to live. Don't get me wrong – I thought about writing. Literally every day (and yes, I mean the actual definition of literal there). Just because I wasn't writing didn't mean I wasn't thinking about writing. Of course it would have been better to have been thinking about where my story should be going, but that's beside the point. I was thinking about writing, darn it, and that's a good thing.

So, for the past several days, I have actually been writing. The first two days were not that great. In fact, they were terrible and near tear-filled. But I muscled through, and I actually had a pleasant time writing last night before I went to bed. It was so nice and refreshing to be enjoying myself again.

Also on the radar: I think I've come up with the very shaky start of a story idea for NaNoWriMo this year. Yeah, I'm already thinking about that. Which is a good thing, because if it was suddenly halfway through October I think I'd have to have a panic attack. I work best on NaNo when I can let a story idea marinate. I don't necessarily plot or do anything of that sort. But just having it on the back burner somehow makes it so much nicer for me come November.

Anyway, that's all I have to talk about today. I'll be back tomorrow when I get back to your regularly scheduled blogging.

Happy writing, folks!

(Also, how are your WIPs going this "Wednesday"? Are you doing NaNo this year? Do you have a story idea? Let me know in the comments!)

Comments