WIP Wednesday 5 (#writemotivation check-in)

This isn't really my fifth WIP Wednesday post. And, it's not really Wednesday. But, you guys don't really care about the particulars, do you?

Oh you do? Too bad. I can only do so much.

So this week I get to tell you guys how I'm doing on my writing! I am really high and really low. It's going very well and horrible at the same time.

I'm a bag of contradictions today, aren't I?

First the highs

I have written every day since my last post. Every. Single. Day. And I can tell you, that makes me feel great. Awesome, even. I've not let laziness or my weird sleep schedule keep me from it. Every day (well, mostly night) I've sat down and written.

This is HUGE for me, since I haven't been writing at all, let alone sticking to a ridged schedule like writing every day. It makes me feel like I'm on the way to rewriting my habits again (see Monday's post).

Now for the lows

I'm not really doing all that much. I put my goal at 200 words a day, which was a low bar to hit, I know. I did it on purpose because I knew that it was going to be hard for me to get back into a schedule of writing. And I'll admit it, some days, even getting those 200 words was really hard for me mentally.

And while I've written 200 words, sometimes more, every day, that doesn't really equate to a lot of words. So I feel like I haven't gotten much done.

And besides that, I've been running into way too many roadblocks. Times when I'm feeling uninspired or stuck in the scene I'm writing. I've been complaining a lot to my CP, who has graciously not told me how lame I'm being - at least not yet.

And I realized that I'm not going to be anywhere close to what I need to be writing come November, which scares me. NaNoWriMo looms over my head like a big, scary thing.

So what am I going to do about it?

I'm making a new plan. First, I'm going to spend tomorrow (my day off) to sit down and plot out my next few scenes, maybe even my full novel. This should (hopefully) allow me to not hit the wall  of I-have-no-idea-what's-coming-next-despite-the-fact-that-I-know-what-happens-after-that when I'm writing.

Then, starting on Sunday, I'm going to up my daily word goals by 200 words every Sunday. That will allow me to reach 1600 words a day by the time November hits. That should put me in perfect shape for NaNoWriMo.

Lastly, I'm going to spend five minutes a day plotting out and researching for my next novel - the one I'm tackling in November. I'm doing that because I'm terrible at plotting a book ahead of time. And that means that I have SO MUCH WORK to do after I finish a draft. I'm currently on the fourth draft of my WIP. FOURTH!!! That's way too much drafting.


So those are my plans. How are your writing projects going? What goals do you have? Are you doing anything to gear up for NaNoWriMo? Let me know in the comments!

Happy writing!

Comments