I have an obsession

I don't know if it's just me, but I have an obsession with office supplies.

For a long time, I honestly thought it was just me. As as kid, I used to get really excited about going school shopping. And once I had everything, I would derive sick pleasure out of busting everything out of its packaging and packing it in pencil cases and storing it in my backpack. Then, unsatisfied with just that, I'd have to break out my most exciting pen and the brand new notebook and start making lists or describe what I wanted to happen during that year.

(Off topic sidebar: Once I did write one of those letters where I predicted all sorts of awesome things like "You'll get a boyfriend" and "You'll make tons of friends" and other such things, which all pretty much happened that year. I'd completely forgotten about it until I found the note in my backpack at the end of the year and was so pleasantly surprised! Needless to say I wrote another note the next year, but it didn't work, and I didn't forget about it like the first one. Funny how those things happen, right?)

I am lucky enough to have friends with whom to share my addiction. Friends who walked the aisles of Staples or Office Max and got excited by the little things, like liquid mechanical pencils (not kidding) and then split the purchase so we each have one.

I don't get to go school shopping anymore. But I do have a desk at work that I've begun populating with amazing office supplies. This is what it looks like:
Mmm... pens, highlighters, sharpies, color-coded
paperclips – what else does a girl need?

Yes, that is an entire of jar of M&Ms in the colors of my university. Don't judge me!

So I want to ask, do you feel about office supplies like I do? Is there anything really awesome you can think of that I need to add to my desk? What other guilty pleasures do you guys have? Let me know in the comments!

As always, happy writing!

Comments