WIP Wednesday, Week 3 (And Tag! You're it!)

Hey there everyone!

I'm sad to report that nothing at all has changed on my writing. I didn't write last week. I was busy. Doing other things. But that didn't stop me from thinking about stuff. So, I've still been thinking. Trying to figure out how I'm going to become a plotter when I don't have any clue how to plot.

I've discovered something about myself. I don't know how I write. Weird, right? I was visiting my Mom a couple days ago having dinner and trying to explain my problems with plotting. She asked, "So, do you picture what's going to happen in your head?" I couldn't answer.

Damn non-writers confusing me so.

So I had to sit there and think. Did I see it in my head? And yeah, I think I do. I see the scene like a movie, that I then describe and follow. And I think therein lies my problem. I can't "see" what's going to happen unless I've come up with what happens before it. One thing leads to another in my mind, which I think is why I have problems with coming up with a plot before I write it. So, that's something I'm dealing with.



Also! I was tagged by Alyssa and Carrie Anne Brownian in a game that many of the 4th Campaign Challengers have participated in where you have to answer the tagger's 11 question, then come up with your own 11 questions and tag 11 more people. So, here we go (in order)!

1. What is your favorite holiday?
I have to say that I love Christmas, but only because it's the one time of year I get to see my family together. And, you know, the presents help.

2. Who is your idol?
I don't know if I have just one.


3. If you could visit any place in the world where would you go?
Ireland. Or Italy.


4. What's your favorite genre?
Young adult speculative fiction.

5. What or who has inspired your writing the most?
This one writer that I read when I was about 12. She published her first book at 14, and I really wanted to be her. But, to be honest, it's continually my friend Sarah.

6. If you could choose any superpower what would you have?
TELEPORTATION! Think about it: No traffic, no taking forever to travel places, never needing to pay for transportation. IT WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER!!

7. If you had to be a villain, who would it be? Why?
Dracula. Wouldn't that be cool to be him for a while? He has a sexy life for a living corpse.

8. What is your favorite animal?
I have always been a lover of wolves. Their grace, their loyalty, their sheer power. But I also like tigers. They are beautiful creatures.


9.What is your favorite food?
Beef stroganoff. It's the thing that I would eat every day for the rest of my life.

10.Who is your favorite author?
I don't know if I have one. I like J.K.R., Neil Gaimen, John Green, Maggie Stiefvater, Jackson Pearce and more.

11. What is your biggest fear?
Spiders. I have extreme arachnophobia. Like reduce me to tears and sobs kind of fear.



1. What is your dream car? It could be either a current car or a classic or antique car.
For a long time, it was a 1999 Lamborghini Diablo. But now, it's a '69 Mustang. So pretty.

2. Are you interested in illustrating your own books? Have you ever drawn pictures of your characters?
I'm not all that interested in illustrating my own books, although I doodle a lot in my free time. I do draw my own characters, my friends' characters, characters from books and TV shows and movies. I draw a lot. :D

3. What is your favorite flavor of jelly?
I'm actually more of a jam lover, but I think peach. I pretty much love anything peach.

4. What animal would you most like to be?
I would be a panda bear. They're big, and round and cute and a little lazy. I'm not black and white, but it's not a perfect analogy.

5. What foreign country would you like to live in?
France. Or Ireland. I visited France when I was in high school and I loved it. But, I really want to visit Ireland. I am Irish and have an Irish name (Brenna), so I'm pretty attached to my heritage.

6. Do you prefer the countryside or the city?
I like them both. I grew up in a city (not big, but a city) but I vacation in the countryside. But, for living, I'd have to say city.

7. What is your favorite ice-cream flavor?
CHOCOLATE!! Actually, if we were getting fancy, I'd have to say Ben and Jerry's Dublin Mudslide. (See a theme there?) It's sooo good!!

8. What character from mythology (any mythology) would you most like to meet?
Athena. I think she'd be an awesome friend. Although, does Thor from the comic books count? Because him.

9. Do you have a favorite or well-liked name you haven’t used on a character yet?
Edward. I like the name, I just don't think I could use the name for a love interest because I don't want my character to be like the Edward from Twilight.

10. What is your favorite amusement park ride?
The biggest, baddest roller coaster. It's so much fun!

11. Would you prefer to live on the beach, in the forest, in the mountains, or in the desert?
Well. I live in the mountains. And I know that I would NEVER want to live in the desert. But, I have never experienced living on a beach. That would be interesting, I think.


As for my 11 questions:
1. Coffee or tea?
2. What was the first story you can remember writing?
3. What TV show, video game, movie would you recommend to other writers?
4. What time of day are you most productive?
5. Green or black olives?
6. What was your first car?
7. What is your guilty pleasure?
8. Are you a fan of footie pajamas?
9. What's something you didn't think you'd like that you did/do?
10. Favorite salad dressing?
11. What is your most embarrassing nickname? (Or, just any nickname. You don't have to give an embarrassing one.)

Now, those I tag!
1. Sarah Robertson
2. K.T. Hanna
3. Rebekah Loper
4. Daniel Todd Noyes
5. T.D. McFrost
6. Michael Haynes
7. Margo Kelly
8. K.S. Collier
9. Megan
10. Fairview
11. Lori M. Lee

FYI: If you've already done this tag thing, and I'm sure you all have by now, don't worry about tagging more people. Just answer the questions, I think. That way, we don't have to keep this going into perpetuity. I would just like to see your answers. Have fun!

Comments