WIP Wednesday, Week 2

Okay, I realize this is coming a little late. sorry. I didn't have access to a computer until now, and I didn't manage to get a post up before now.

So, here goes.

I didn't do too much work this week on my WIP, sadly. I'm still working on Chapter 4, which is only about 2,500 words in right now.

What I did do, however, is a lot of thinking. I've been thinking about this chapter, and the chapters that will come after it. I'm trying - unlike I've ever really done before now - to actually think and plan out what I'm doing farther than the next couple of pages. I'm hoping that by doing this - like all you plotters out there - I'll have a cleaner, more usible draft when I'm finished. Because, you know, I can't sit here on my fourth draft thinking about doing another rough one again. I want to really get into a place of meaty edits. Not just rewrites.

So that's what I've been up to. What are you working on? How's it going for you? When you're rewriting, do you think a lot about what's coming next, or do you just go for it?

Note: Dear fellow Campaigners, I'm very sorry that I haven't been getting to you guys as much as I should. I'm really working on that, but as I mentioned above, I didnt' have access to a computer. I'm coming, I promise!!!

Comments