Live blogging take 2

12:07 p.m. - Okay. I'm going to be trying this live blogging thing again. We'll see how it goes, since last time I failed miserably. But I really need to get some writing done today, so I'm going to give it another go.

I did write about a hundred words last night, but I'm not going to count them yet (don't worry, I wrote them after midnight). I just got up (blame it on working a night job) and I'm going to write at least a 1k before I figure out what to do for lunch. See y'all in a bit!

1:18 p.m. - Taking a small break to order lunch, then I'm diving back in. I still have another 500 words or so to go until I catch up to today's word count. Oh! And I forgot to mention, my goal is 5k total today. It would be better if it was 7k or 8k, but I'm thinking that's unlikely. So, goal is 5k for now. I may change that if I am able to meet that goal. Anyway, here are my stats:
  • Words written today: 1,500
  • Total words: 34,504

1:59 p.m. - 
  • Words written today: 2,011
  • Total words: 35,014
Taking a break because my lunch was delivered. I'm going to take a full twenty minutes off and watch half a show, then I'll write during the commercial breaks through the rest of it. I'll be back hammering at the words by 3 p.m., I think.


2:59 p.m. - 
  • Words written today: 2,238
  • Total words: 35,241
Lunch break wasn't nearly long enough, but I'm going to try to suffer through the next round anyway. TV is successfully shut off, and I'm heading back to my desk now. (But I don't want to write! Too bad.) *le sigh*



3:46 p.m. - 
  • Words written today: 3,053
  • Total words: 36,056
I need a de-stressor break now. So I'm going to take a half an hour off, go watch last week's Big Bang Theory and not think about writing. I can feel the tension starting at the back of my neck and my shoulders, so this is a well-deserved break, I think. Hey, that's 3,000 words in four hours. Not half bad, I think.


5:45 p.m. - 
  • Words written today: 4,020
  • Total words: 37,023
My break was very nice, and then I went back to writing just as I said I would. I'm starting to get a little tired of writing though. I was going to update this a half an hour ago, but my mom called me and we caught up for a little bit. But, now I'm headed back in. Last thousand words are going down. I'm setting my goal time for 6:30 at the very latest that I'm going to cross my 5k mark. So, let's get going!



6:27 p.m. - 
  • Words written today: 5,029
  • Total words: 38, 032
I did it! I made my goal! Huzzah, hurray and yippie! I feel like I should celebrate, but I have no idea what I should do to celebrate. Oh! I know! I'm totally going to play some Uncharted 3! Muahahaha! Now I'm excited. Although, I've heard there are spiders coming. And I hate spiders. Yuck.

Anyway, I think I'm going to come back at 8 p.m. or maybe a little later. I decided I'm totally going for my 7k today. That will bring me to only 10k left. And that, my friends, is a number that I like. So. I'll see you back here in a few hours, yes?


9:07 p.m. - 
  • Words written today: 5,888
  • Total words: 38,891
Started writing during a hangout with some NaNoWriMo buddies down in Idaho. I wrote nearly 900 words the first timed writing we did. I think I'm going to be able finish my last 2k during this time. I'll update when we're all finished.



11:24 p.m. - 
  • Words written today: 8,040
  • Total words: 41,043
That's right! Not only did I reach my goal of 5k, not only did I reach my second goal of 7k but I wrote more than eight thousand words today! I am so exhausted, though. I finished my last timed writing with my fellow NaNo-ers on webchat and I only had 140 words to go until I crossed that 8k finish line. Man, does it feel fantastic! It really does. So, I'm going to eat dinner now, watch some TV and veg out before bed.

Live blogging take 2 = a success.

Comments