Live blogging Friday

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you're doing great today, and if you're involved in NaNoWriMo, you're keeping up with your word count.

My good friend Ashelynn over at A Gypsy Writer did a live blogging day last week that looked like fun, so I'm going to try doing that today. I'll have updates all throughout the day (starting now, 1:24 a.m. my time) saying what I'm doing as for writing, thinking and everything in between.

What's the point? One, to share a little about my writing process (like the physical process, not the writing itself) and to show you that even people who have full-time jobs like me can get some writing in. Also, to give myself a goal to reach and be held accountable. My goal for today is 3,000 words total (hey, I do have a job, remember?).

What will I be working on, you ask? I'll be writing on my personal NaNoWriMo novel. It's a young adult contemporary – the first I've ever attempted in this genre. Here is a synopsis:

Lenna Foster thought she was going into what would be the best year of her life. But after a tragic accident just before her senior year, Lenna nearly dies when she falls into acute kidney failure due to her injuries. She's saved when her brother, a donor match, steps in and gives her a kidney. Now Lenna is trying to put her life back together, but the pieces aren't fitting like she thinks they should. Her friends and teachers are acting so strange around her; her boyfriend is suddenly distant; for some reason, her mother will barely look at her anymore. Lenna turns to her brother, her literal savior, for help and support. But even he is keeping a deadly secret – one Lenna will never see coming.

What do you think? Let me know. On to the blogging!

1:28 a.m. – Wrote a whopping 176 words from midnight on, which is a little dismal. I spent most of the time doodling and listening to the Next to Normal soundtrack. I'm headed to bed now and will be up later this morning for more writing shenanigans.

Comments