Awards!

Editor's note: This was supposed to go live Wednesday, but there was a problem with a link and wouldn't save. Then my laptop ran out of batteries and I had to go to work. Yesterday, I was sick. I have strep throat, so I wasn't feeling up to starting the old computer. Anyway, better late than never.

Wow. Just, wow. I've received a couple of blog awards lately, so I suppose I need to get them up here.

Both K.T. Hanna over at The Scribble Muse and Lissa Clouser over at Quid for Quill both nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award.

If you haven't, you should check both their blogs out. Also, they are both terrific people who write some of the more intelligent comments on my posts. So thank you both, for the award and for your lovely comments. You can't know how much they both mean to me.

Anyway - there are rules for this award. They are:


1. Thank and link to the person who nominates you
2. Share seven random facts about you
3. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!


So, here are seven random facts about me.

1. I don't really like to shower until I'm in the shower. Not that I run around dirty or anything. It's just, I'll put off showering in the morning until the very last second. But once I'm in there, I can't figure out why I made such a big deal about it. I'm weird.

2. I used to be really good at the clarinet. I haven't played in years, and I know the last time I picked it up I had no where near the breath I used to. I miss playing in a band though. It was a very fun time for me, but I have no idea where I would use those skills now.

3. I would take potatoes over chocolate any day. What can I say? I am so an Irish girl.

4. Although I am Irish (both in name and in ancestry), I'm actually more Norwegian. And, if you believe the historian, I am 34th(?) descendant from the first king under united Norway. Yes – I am a long-lost Norwegian princess. Pretty awesome.

5. I spent a year as a reporter in Wyoming – but I get panic attacks when I have to make people uncomfortable. So, when there was a shooting and I had to go interview random neighbors? Yeah, I broke down and cried. It was one of those brilliant moments of "Oh crap, I can't do this anymore."

6. I have a very addictive personality. Once I get into something, suddenly I'm doing it all the time. I'm also very competitive, so I want to be the best at whatever it is. That's how I did so well in debate my first year, although I was way over my head. I wanted to be the best, so I spent time on it. It's also the reason I will never touch drugs or WOW. I would never be able to pull myself away.

7. One of my biggest pet peeves is when drivers swerve around a car that's turning left. Especially when they are passing a line of cars that actually are waiting. First, no one is really that late all the time. Second, it's dangerous. So, I actually will pull a little over to the side just so cars behind me can't get around when I'm waiting for someone to turn left. That's right. I'm that kind of jerk.


Anyway. I also have another award! The lovely (teehee) Carla over at Library Mosaic nominated me a long time ago for the One Lovely Blog Award! Wow. So much love, guys. I thank you so much.

The rules of this one are very similar:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominates you
2. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!


So hard, right? Well here's the deal. Since most of the blogs that I would love to nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award already have it, I'm going to combine them and give out the One Lovely Blog award! Now it can make it's way through the hoards of Write Campaigners out there. So, I'm nominating you all for both, unless you have one. Then, you just have the other. Get it?

Yeah, I'm a little evil like that.

Here is my list:

1. Sarah at Squidink because she's amazing.
2. K.T. Hanna at The Scribble Muse
3. Lissa Clouser at Quid for Quill
4. Jenn at A Single Bell
5. The View from Fairview
6. Nicole Setter at Ink and Prose
7. Bonnie Rae at Bonnie Rae, Just Words
8. Jessica Therrien at Imagination To Publication
9. Sheri L. Swift at Finding the joy in the journey
10. Jody Moller
11. Rebekah Loper at Rebekah Loper, writer
12. Clar Bowman-Jahn at Memoirs of a Writer
14. Jess at Write, Skate, Dream
15. Jill at Outside the Lines

And there you have it! Have a nice day, folks!

Comments