Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Goals

For everyone in the northern hemisphere, it's summer. Kids are off of school, pools are in full swing and people are planning vacations.

For my summer, I'm making a list of things I want to have accomplished. My goal is by the first of September. That's a good enough date that I feel like I can finish off my list and not too much time that I feel it's arbitrary. So, here's my list:

  1. Figure out my next move in life. This is somewhat related to writing, but mostly related to having money for food. I have some big decisions to make, and I'd love to have a plan.
  2. Complete edits on my WIP. By that I mean the first two passes, and have it off to my critique partner for her thoughts. This is my second biggest goal, because I really want to start getting this together. 
  3. Read 15 books. Yeah, I have reading goals. And, I'm behind on my yearly goal, so I want to get to reading. I have a long list of books I want to read, so I need to get cracking.
  4. Keep up with my blogging. I don't necessarily want to do more blogging, I just want to stay regular. I also want to spend more time reading other people's blogs. I want to be more involved.
So there you go, four things I want to do over the summer. What about you guys? Do you have any goals for this summer? Are they personal- or writing-oriented? Also, think my goals are reasonable? Let me know!