Summer Goals

For everyone in the northern hemisphere, it's summer. Kids are off of school, pools are in full swing and people are planning vacations.

For my summer, I'm making a list of things I want to have accomplished. My goal is by the first of September. That's a good enough date that I feel like I can finish off my list and not too much time that I feel it's arbitrary. So, here's my list:

  1. Figure out my next move in life. This is somewhat related to writing, but mostly related to having money for food. I have some big decisions to make, and I'd love to have a plan.
  2. Complete edits on my WIP. By that I mean the first two passes, and have it off to my critique partner for her thoughts. This is my second biggest goal, because I really want to start getting this together. 
  3. Read 15 books. Yeah, I have reading goals. And, I'm behind on my yearly goal, so I want to get to reading. I have a long list of books I want to read, so I need to get cracking.
  4. Keep up with my blogging. I don't necessarily want to do more blogging, I just want to stay regular. I also want to spend more time reading other people's blogs. I want to be more involved.
So there you go, four things I want to do over the summer. What about you guys? Do you have any goals for this summer? Are they personal- or writing-oriented? Also, think my goals are reasonable? Let me know!

Comments