I wrote a book!

Yeah, last night I finished the draft of my WIP. Just in time for my deadline, I'll have you know. But now. . . What do I do?

A large part of me doesn't realize it's done. That I have essentially written "The End" in all it's glory at the end of my 76,000-some word manuscript. But it doesn't feel like that. I still feel like after work today I'll grab my computer, head to my favorite coffee shop and start #wordmongering away. Only, then I think, what will I work on?

Finishing a manuscript is difficult. It's not as easy as I'd expect it to be. This is the third story I've ever actually reached the end on. The first was a 6-year venture I started when I was about 11 years old, which was so under developed and also written on paper. The second was my very first NaNoWriMo in 2006 where the story was trash but I finished it with prodding from my CP because she was vicariously living through me.

But this manuscript is different. This one is special. I still like it, which is completely new. I'm shocked and amazed by that simple fact. I still think it can get better but I don't think it's not salvageable. That scares and delights me.

I don't know what to do with myself now though. What should I do to celebrate before I kick myself into gear and start editing? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

So, I'm turning to all of you. What should I do to celebrate finishing my draft. PLEASE let me know in the comments.*

*Please, nothing illegal.

Comments