Who is Saint Giovanni?

(First off, I'm sorry I was completely absent last week. I had a really rough week and was super busy with work, so didn't have time for the blog. I'm still new to the whole blogesphere, so you'll have to pardon my shortcomings. I'm still learning.)

I know. You're wondering about the title of this journal. I am too. And I'm excited to tell you I have no idea who Saint Giovanni is!

Okay, some explanation. There is this exciting project going on over at The Lit Express where an entire novel will be posted in installments. Being written by Rane Anderson (coincidentally, a former giveaway winner here on the blog), it's an interesting experiment in interactive reading in the era of social media. And let me tell you, so far I'm hooked. The preface alone made me freak out with excitement. The hardest thing for me will be waiting between installments!

So, today is the first day of the whole project. So head over there and get started.

Need some more information first? Well of course I can help you out with that.

Synopsis:
The morning after a near-death experience, seventeen-year-old Emily Edwards discovers an X carved between her eyes. It’s painless, bloodless, and she has no clue how it got there. No one else seems to see it. As if that’s not bad enough, Emily’s senses are freakishly sharper, like she has been living, until then, a little deaf, a little blind, and without taste buds.

Desperate for answers, Emily turns to Giovanni, the only person in Italy she promised herself she would avoid. He’s everything she hates in guys. Impulsive, secretive, and reckless, just like her father. What kind of guy grabs a girl he doesn’t know and kisses her? But Giovanni may be the only one who can see the mark. Though he denies it, Emily swears she’s caught him staring at it. 

Before long, Emily learns she’s a pawn in a deadly game that has existed for centuries. The only one she trusts has stolen her soul, and she doesn’t even know it. Although some call Giovanni a saint, others call him a devil. Emily must determine whose side he’s on by finding the answer to a single question. Who is Saint Giovanni?
 
I know, right? Sounds amazing. I'm itching to find out the truth behind Saint Giovanni. I hope you are too.

Comments