When things just don't work (WIP Wednesday)

Stats:


  • Chapters edited: 5 of 44
  • Word count: 101,000
This week I'm struggling with my vision of a chapter, and what readers take away from it. While I know what I want, sometimes getting there is the hard part. 

So what do you do? Go back and do it again. 

This, I think, is one of the hardest parts about writing. You're never done. There will always be more to do. Yes, eventually you have to stop, but up until then it's seemingly endless. 

I'm stuck in that endless part right now. 

I've done and redone my first few chapters several times over the last couple weeks. It sucks, because I just want to let them go. But every time I go back to them, every time I get some comments back from people whose opinions I trust, I'm one step closer to my goal. 

A (close enough to) finished manuscript. 

Keep going. 

What are you all struggling with this week? Do you get disheartened when there's still more to do on chapters? Let me know in the comments. 

Happy writing!

Comments