Holy snow!

I live in Montana, where it's been a hell of a winter. 

We started out fair last fall, but then the EXTREME COLD came. My home state made news for being the coldest place on Earth with temperatures in the negative 30s before windchill — and this was before the whole "polar vortex" that hit most of the rest of the U.S. 

Following that, we had this brief period of, well, really nice weather. It was nearly in the 50s, with sun. The little snow we had was gone, and it was great! It felt like an Arizona winter, which I didn't mind so much. At that point, I was soooo sick of having to scrape my windows every time I wanted to go anywhere.

Then we got snow. Lots of snow. 

Look! Snow!
And then more snow. It's snowed many, many inches now in just Helena, where I live. I couldn't park in my parking space because there was so much snow piled up.

Car? What car?
And then we got a blizzard. In my college town, Missoula, there was an avalanche in a subdivision that destroyed a home and buried three people. (They were all rescued alive.)

This truck hasn't gone anywhere since the beginning. 

 All this snow is crazy, and it makes me really appreciate all we have today. I have a home that is able to heat itself; I have snow plows that allow me to travel places; I don't have to go outside to pee.

So that's what I'm thinking about today. I swear I've been writing. I may even have a new CP soon, which is really exciting.

What's the weather like where you are?

Comments