A new year, a new blog

Happy 2013 everyone!

Man, it's going to be really hard for me to get used to writing that now. 2013. Two. Zero. One. Three.

Hey! Fun fact: This is the first year in 25 YEARS (i.e., since the year I was born: 1987) that there are four different digits in the year. Go figure.

Anyway, it's that time of year when I'm going to talk about my goals for 2013. Because I'm tired of every year not getting much done. And this year, things are going to be different. I just know it.

Best. Year. Ever.

First off, I'm going to be a better blogger

I'm tired of this intermittent crap that I've been doing lately. And I want to get back into it. So, that's what I'm going to do.

You can expect three blogs a week from me, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. And once a month, I'll actually get to doing a vlog for you all. I don't know if you'll enjoy them, but there you go. The first vlog will be next week.

Also, Wednesdays will be my check-in days to tell you how I'm doing with my writing. Because, guess what? That's one of my goals too.

Write every day

EVERY. DAY. I'm not really into the specifics of exactly how much I'm going to write. At least 500 words a day. Not a lot, I know, but there are just some days that I don't have a ton of time. And to squeeze in 500 will be good. But on other days, I'm obviously looking to be getting more. On days off? More.

Secondly, finish my WIP STAR RUBY

I have been working on this specific story now for more than two years. It's about time I get it done. This year, I'm looking to be completely done with it. That will require finishing my current draft, editing my current draft, sending it out to my lovely critique partners, getting it back and making edits and then maybe some other readers and edits as well.

So that will mean by the end of next December, I will be working on a query letter and readying it for sending it out. There is no reason, NO REASON, that this should not be happening.

Get healthy

This doesn't really have to do with writing or this blog specifically, but it's something that I'm putting out there. I've struggled with my weight and being healthy for my entire life. So this year? I'm going to change that. I won't be updating anything about that on this blog, but at my tumblr blog "My Healthy 2013" for anyone who wants to check it out. I'll be doing a variety of things each week, as well as updating on my progress.

Read more

It doesn't matter to me if it's blogs, books or articles. I want to be reading more than I did last year. Easy as that.



So that's it. All that I want to do this year spelled out for all of you. Can you relate to any of my New Year's Resolutions? Think I'll be able to keep them? What are your goals for the year? Let me know in the comments!

Comments